Gifts of Stock and Appreciated Assets
How it works:
- You transfer appreciated stocks, bonds or mutual fund shares you have owned for more than one year to Good Shepherd Hospice.
- Qualify to receive an income tax deduction for the full fair-market value of the stock upon being sold.
- You receive an immediate income tax deduction for the full fair-market value of the securities on the date of the transfer (even if you originally paid much less for them).
- Avoid long-term capital-gain taxes on any appreciation in the value of the stock
- Giving appreciated stock can be more beneficial than giving cash. The “cost” of your gift is often less than the deduction you gain by making it.
For more information, please call Danielle Perillo, Foundation Director, at 631-828-7605
Floating CTA Show: