Gifts of Life Insurance
How it works:
- You transfer all or part of the proceeds of your insurance policy to Good Shepherd Hospice.
- Designate Good Shepherd as an irrevocable beneficiary to receive an income tax deduction.
- Good Shepherd may surrender the policy for its cash value.
- Name Good Shepherd Hospice as a beneficiary of your policy upon death.
- Make a gift using an asset that you no longer need for family protection.
- Receive an income tax deduction equal to the cash surrender value of the policy.
- If premiums remain to be paid, you can receive income tax deductions for contributions to Good Shepherd Hospice to pay these premiums.
- You can make a substantial gift on the installment plan
For more information, please call Danielle Perillo, Foundation Director, at 631-828-7605