What is a bequest?
A gift through your will or living trust costs you nothing now, but provides support to Good Shepherd after your lifetime. and you may secure a charitable estate-tax deduction for the value of your gift.
How it works:
- You include a gift in your will, or living trust to provide support to us after your lifetime.
- Make your bequest unrestricted or direct it to a specific purpose.
- Your bequest can be general (cash or a percentage), residuary- provide for your heirs first then the balance remaining is passed on to Good Shepherd, or a contingent bequest given only under circumstances you describe.
- Your assets remain in your control during your lifetime.
- You can modify your gift to address changing circumstances.
- You can direct your gift to a particular purpose (be sure to check with us to make sure your gift can be used as intended).
- Secure a charitable estate-tax deduction for the value of your gift, which reduces the tax burden of your estate.
- Knowing your generosity will support our mission for years to come.
For more information, please call Danielle Perillo, Foundation Director, at 631-828-7605