Common Patient Concerns
Will there be a cost for the service?
If you are covered under Medicare part A benefits, our services may be available at no cost to you. Catholic Home care accepts most insurance including Medicaid, No Fault, and Workmen’s Compensation.
What services are provided?
- Skilled nursing
- Physical, occupational and speech-language therapy
- Wound care
- Infusion services
- Behavioral health
- Palliative care
- Disease and pain management
- Medication management and education
- Telehealth monitoring
- Patient education to promote self-management
- Treatment for balance problems that can lead to fall risks
- Medical Social Workers to assist with counseling, long-term planning, and community resources.
What if I need assistance after hours?
Catholic Home Care operates twenty-four hours per day. There is always a nurse on call to answer any questions or to assist with any problems. We provide services to patients seven days per week including holidays.
How will I know when the services will be provided?
Staff will contact the patient prior to the visit to arrange a convenient time for the patient and family.
How long will I receive services?
Each patient’s plan of care is individualized depending on the patient’s needs and the doctor’s orders.
Will I have any out of pocket expenses if I accept homecare services?
Patients are responsible for full payment of any and all co-payments, deductibles, and services not covered by your insurance plan, private, governmental, combination, or out of pocket charges.